Most people often struggle with eating healthy foods during this time. However, below are some tips to be able to do the same:
- Grill or bake foods instead of frying. You can bake potatoes, sweet potatoes and sprinkle herbs and spices generously to make them flavorful.
- Roast vegetables to make flavorsome and interesting soups and salads.
- Use amaranth flour to make lavash, baked mathis, papdi. You can eat this immune boosting food with hung curd dip as mid-day snacks.
- Use jaggery or honey instead of refined sugar as a sweetener
- Include quinoa in your health diet plan. This super food is rich in protein, fibre, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. Use it instead of rice to prepare pulao, poha etc. You can also use it as a binder instead of bread crumbs or eggs in tikkis, etc.
- Amaranth or rajgira is another super food to boost the immune system. It can be used instead of rice in various preparations.
- Have fruits in different forms like – grilled, stewed (as a dessert), poached or baked. Have them with nut butter as dessert.
- Drink coconut water, lemon water, herbal infusions instead of fruit juices.
- Prepare frozen fruit sorbets with banana as a sweetener instead of consuming store-bought ice creams
- Keep yourself physically active.
The tips outlined above will significantly improve your health. It will boost your immunity, lower your disease risk and help you maintain an appropriate weight.
For more such ideas and tips visit https://kanupriyakhanna.in/.