Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, the concept of vitamin C intake has gained immense attention. Let’s find out why.
* New research (Jun 12, 2020)* – suggests that vitamin C intake boosts the immune system and helps fight off COVID-19 disease effectively.
• Experts found that patients administered with high dose oral vitamin C showed better recovery results than others. The expected rate of recovery is 14 days, however with the vitamin C treatment – COVID 19 patients showed good results even on the 9th or 10th day.
• Likewise, patients who were offered vitamin C were able to fight off the lung infection in 5-6 days.
• The researchers also found that, on average, vitamin C dose shortened the length of mechanical ventilation by 10% to 15% (approx).
Benefits of Vitamin C
Water-soluble Vitamin C offers several health benefits. Have a look below:
• Boosts immunity and strengthens your body’s natural defense system.
• Helps white blood cells function more effectively
• Can reduce lung inflammation in severe respiratory illnesses
• Helps you get over a cold and fever faster
• Keeps your skin healthy and promotes wound healing
How to Increase Your Vitamin C Levels
Nutrient supplements of vitamin C can be used for helping the immune system fight the corona virus. However, do talk with your doctor first before popping a pill. This is especially important if you’re already taking prescription medication for other illnesses.
The best source of vitamin C comes from fruits and vegetables. Make sure you include the following immune boosting food items in your healthy diet plan. High in vitamin C – these food items will help you stay healthy amidst this infectious environment.
• Citrus fruits like orange, kiwi, lemon, etc
• Other fruits like papaya, mango, guava, etc
• Berries like strawberry, blueberry, cranberry, raspberry, etc
• Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, capsicums, tomatoes, parsley, spinach, etc
• Sprouts & micro greens
If you are looking for simple and delicious ways to eat more of these fruits vegetables – get in touch with Kanupriya Khanna. One of the best dieticians in Delhi, Kanupriya will not only share healthy and effortless meal ideas but will also help you adopt healthy habits for a lifetime. Just take a quick look at her website https://kanupriyakhanna.in and get started today.
GET STARTED NOW
** Published research article titled ‘The Role of High-dose Liposomal Oral Vitamin C Treatment for Covid-19’.