Nutrition is a key factor for a healthy pregnancy. However, given the lockdown and the difficulty of food supply or food supply chains being adversely affected, many may not have access to all kinds of food items. Therefore, to ensure proper nutrition, we have listed down a pregnancy diet plan based on the easily available ingredients during the lockdown.
Here is a list of different breakfast, lunch, dinner, and mid-day snack options. These options will not only provide you good nutrition for a healthy pregnancy but will also help you boost your immune system amidst this corona virus outbreak.
• A glass of milk with one of the following:
poha, upma, dosa, steamed idli, oats, boiled eggs, etc
Lunch and Dinner
• Rice or Roti with dal, dahi and vegetables, or simple vegetable khichdi with dahi
• Stuffed vegetable paratha (eg. Aloo paratha, methi paratha, cabbage paratha, palak paratha, etc) with dahi
• Rice or roti with egg curry, chicken curry, fish curry (like prawns, Bombay ducks, or whatever is available and safe to consume) and vegetables
• Steamed or baked fish with millets or quinoa salad.
• Chicken soup with salad and whole wheat bread
• Oat bars
• A bowl of sprouts
• A bowl of fresh fruits or a handful of dry fruits, nuts and seeds.
• Vegetable fingers with nut butters
popcorn, fox nuts, khakhara, dhokla
It’s important to stay hydrated during pregnancy, hence make sure you drink lots of water. Adequate intake of water will decrease constipation, decrease the risk of urinary tract infection, reduce swelling due to oedema, soften your skin, and keep you cooler.
Foods and Beverages to Avoid During Pregnancy
Pay close attention to what you eat, and avoid the following food items and beverages in your diet during pregnancy:
• Unwashed fruits and vegetables
• Unpasteurized milk
• Undercooked or raw fish like sushi and meat or eggs
• Processed Junk Foods
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase of life, so all the expecting women stay at home, be safe, and enjoy the upcoming motherhood. If you need help or have questions with your nutrition plan – feel free to consult Kanupriya Khanna. A female fertility nutritionist in Delhi – Kanupriya will not only help you with a good diet plan, but will also help you stay calm and healthy during the lockdown.