A healthy morning routine: things to do!
Mornings are the most beautiful part as birds sing the arrival of the new day, you wake up wanting to be productive and grateful for the gift of life.
However, sometimes lazy moments can throw off your energy for the rest of the day. A healthy morning routine can be a great way to ensure that this doesn’t become a habit. So, take charge of your energy levels and plan a productive morning routine!
Routines in the morning set you up for the rest of the day. They assist you in accomplishing more, thinking clearly, and doing meaningful work. They keep you from stumbling through your day and ensure that you complete the most important tasks.
Through these 10 tips, you can make the most of your mornings and look forward to a productive and relaxed day ahead!
1. Avoid the snooze button – we lose half of the battle by hitting up the snooze button. You fail one task before you even get up, therefore, waking up on time so that you have enough space for everything you have planned is important. Next time you feel like sleeping for another five minutes, just count to five.
2. Drink a glass of water – Drinking water after 8 hours is crucial to keep yourself hydrated. Hydration is essential for your health and well-being. Water is an important part of a great morning routine because when you feel good, you’re more focused and, as a result, more productive.
3. Take a moment to stretch – Stretching is a gentle way to wake your body slowly and prepare it for the long working day. Adding yoga to your mornings will strengthen your core and reduce stress. Yoga also releases serotonin to keep you energised throughout the day.
4. Indulge in self-care – Self-care is anything that soothes your mind and body. Be it meditation, hot shower or reading a book. A few moments of self-love will keep you happy and stress-free.
5. An aromatic glass of beverage – The act of making and drinking a beverage is like painting a masterpiece. It could be green juice, lemon water, coconut water, etc. Give yourself a few moments of mindfulness and sip the little joys of life to the brim.
6. Positive affirmations – Sending positive notes to the energy around you fills your space with a good aura. These affirmations make you feel confident and encourage you to believe in yourself. A few examples are:
● I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY JOB.
● I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.
● I LOVE MYSELF
7. Listen to a podcast, music, etc. – Sometimes someone’s words inspire us to do the impossible. Inspiration can come from a variety of sources, including those you admire. Podcasts can be a great way to find inspiration in the morning, whether it’s from someone in your field of work or someone you aspire to be like in your personal life.
8. Plan your day – There’s a famous saying, “If you fail to plan then you plan to fail.” Planning your day makes it easier for you to prioritise your tasks and check them off the list. Get a planner and write down your goals every day. By ranking each task by importance, you can have an organised schedule.
9. Meditate – By taking time to sit with yourself and observing your thoughts, you can become your friend. Deep breathing along with positive affirmations will bring you to a state of calmness, stillness and composure which is necessary for the busy day ahead.
10. Eat a healthy breakfast – A nutritious bowl of oatmeal or a nourishing glass of smoothie will support you till midday rolls. Take a few extra minutes to eat your breakfast mindfully as you consume healthy bites of goodness to stay active and work efficiently.
There are numerous steps you can take to create a morning routine that works for you, ranging from avoiding social media to drinking water and listening to a podcast. Whether you’re a morning person or not, developing a wellness routine is critical to remaining productive and encouraging efficiency. Kanupriya Khanna is regarded as one of the best dietitians in Delhi because of her unwavering commitment to making a difference in people’s lives by instilling good eating habits and lifestyles.
Also Read: How to read food labels for a clean eating lifestyle.