12 Healthy and Tasty Snacks Under 100 Calories
Mid-meal snacking can be very tempting because our bodies are not used to it, we may end up eating something unhealthy. As a result, we are constantly on the lookout for something light, healthy, and delectable.
Following a healthy meal, the routine requires balance which means saying yes to delicious snacks once in a while. So, next time you crave junk food, try these 12 healthy and tasty snacks under 100 calories.
● Grilled Cottage Cheese Cubes (4pcs) – Cottage cheese is high in protein so they fill you up without a lot of calories. 4 pcs of succulent will surely satiate your cravings.
● 12 Almonds – It’s time to feed your mind! You can eat 12 almonds without exceeding 100 calories. They’re also high in fibre and protein, which helps to keep hunger at bay.
● 15-20 Pistachios – Don’t be put off by the high-fat content of pistachios; the majority of the fat is unsaturated. 15 pistachios contain only 80 calories and less than a gram of saturated fat. They’re also high in protein, fibre, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. To spice things up, eat them raw or dry roasted without salt to avoid an unhealthy dose of sodium.
● 1 cup vegetable soup without butter and cream – Nothing is better than a heartwarming and nutritious cup of vegetable soup. It makes an excellent lunch, snack, or starter! Snack on broth-based or pureed vegetable soups to increase your vegetable intake while limiting your calorie intake.
● ½ Cup of grapes – Grapes are high in water, so a cup of them contains only 100 calories. The water content gives you a full feeling and keeps you hydrated. Grapes are also high in vitamin K and manganese, and they contain some fibre. They’re delicious either fresh or frozen.
● 1 bowl of homemade cooker popcorn – Movies are incomplete without munching on these tasty snacks. A bowl of homemade popcorn has less than 80 calories and will fill you up without adding much to your weight.
● 1 small Katori of poha – Poha works well as a breakfast or an evening snack. Serve with chopped vegetables and garnished with lemon and coriander. One katori of poha contains about 100 calories and will keep you satisfied for a long time. Enjoy this famous Mumbai snack!
● 2 small idli & green chutney – Idli, a delicious South Indian snack, is yet another healthy snacking alternative. Single regular idli contains approximately 78 calories, while 2 teaspoons of green chutney contain approximately 20 calories. This results in a delicious combination.
● 1 Katori murmura chaat without meethi chutney – Murmura is a crispy, crunchy, and airy snack that can be eaten indefinitely. The best part about these puffed rice snacks is that they are low in calories and easy on the stomach. Furthermore, raw murmura can be a fertile ground for creativity.
● 2 pcs dhokla – Other than Garba, Gujarat is also known for Dhokla which is a soft and spongy Gujarati snack that is ideal for satisfying your hunger. Two pieces of dhokla contain about 100 calories and are an excellent accompaniment to your evening tea. Enjoy with a spoonful of tamarind chutney and an aromatic cup of tea.
● 2 dates – Just 2 dates contain 3 grams of fibre! Dates have high natural sugar content and they are also known for their high concentration of antioxidants. Next time, you feel like eating something sweet, you know what to eat.
● 1 hard-boiled egg (large) – A single-boiled egg contains approximately 62 calories and will keep your calorie intake under control. Boiling eggs can be enjoyed with a traditional seasoning of salt and pepper. Boiled eggs are a good source of protein and fibre.
You don’t have to suppress your cravings to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Just start snacking on high-protein foods instead of processed & packaged ones.
Kanupriya Khanna is regarded as one of the best dietitians in Delhi because of her unwavering commitment to making a difference in people’s lives by instilling good eating habits and lifestyles.